- West Springfield, VA, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
SITEC is hiring several Senior Network Engineers at all career levels who will be able to develop new concepts and processes. Analyze root causes and resolves issues. Support more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities. Perform all tasks of lower-level technicians or specialists. The Senior Network Engineer will work independently, actively participate on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project, or team.
Qualified candidates must hold an ACTIVE Top Secret with SCI Access and be willing to obtain a poly.
- Analyzes designs, develops, and/or maintains both hardware and software needed for network communications including local area networks (LANs) wide area networks (WANs), the internet, intranets, and other data communication systems.
- Possesses experience with most common network components to include routers, switches, firewalls, protocols, VoIP, DNS, remote access, VPN, routing, and switching. Also has knowledge of TCP/IP routing technologies including OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP, in addition to knowledge of applicable business lines/industries.
- Communicates complex concepts and data effectively and creatively (both written and oral) across multiple organizations, both internal & external, and with executive company and customer management.
- Performs design, engineering, implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of the local area networks (LAN)s and/or wide area network (WAN), and/or security infrastructure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of existing network and/or security hardware and software in use to provide third-tier technical and administrative support and provide complex internal analysis and support of the network and/or security infrastructure.
- Develops network support processes, procedures and guidelines for troubleshooting network events and performing sustaining tasks. Acts as the technical interface with vendors and other external stakeholders and reviews/makes recommendations on network and/or security service/maintenance arrangements.
- Designs and maintains network environments to comply with relevant compliance standards and evaluates, consults, and makes technology recommendations to senior management.
- Reviews technical documentation of supported environments to ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active TS//SCI Security Clearance - required.
- Ability to work on a shift schedule.
- 2 - 6+ years of general IT experience and experience with operating Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks, and related security operations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and ten (10) years relevant experience; or
- Associate Degree and eight (8) years relevant experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree and six (6) years relevant experience; or
- Master's Degree and four (4) years relevant experience; or
- PhD and two (2) years relevant experience
- IAT Level III
- Have the DoD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III and CSSP Analyst. These include: CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA+ Security, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GISCP, Cloud+, or SCYBER
- If you do not have these certifications, you must obtain them within 6 months of starting in your new position.
- Cyber Security experience
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.