- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Apply systems engineering principles to various systems assigned for both Transition and Disposition, but also Modernization Engineering as appropriate.
- This individual will interact with a large number of Government and development personnel regarding technical considerations for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Personal communication with peer and decision makers will be required to carry out duties, as well as written documentation.
- The ability to take requirements and apply them to various tools for developmental guidance and disposition will be indispensable.
- Apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Interact with Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and the deliverables associated with once or more of the 24 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288.
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements, Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal.
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement.
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management.
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor system engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Familiarity with SIGINT operations and tools experience a plus.
- Must possess active DoD security clearance.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience;
- Or a high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of general systems engineering experience;
- Or a Master's degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience.
- DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF)
- Tactical SIGINT
- Experience in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue and evaluating requirements to determine system suitability.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to the pace / scope of high priority tasking
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.