- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
This position will apply systems engineering principles to TechSIGINT development and operational efforts including ELINT Modernization, Foreign Instrumentation Signals Modernization. The candidate will create engineering artifacts for Transitioning and Decommissioning, identify gaps in the design and present them to the customer for disposition. In addition, the individual will become familiar with the current and future architectures of the systems and prepare documentation for leadership use.
In addition, there is a need for Communications and Outreach skills for managing users' expectations, understanding analysis trends, and prioritizing discrepancy and requirements efforts. Periodic briefings and reports may be required for customer / community interactions.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Approve delivery of work products of all Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Plan and develop engineering projects with unique or complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise
- Independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Position requires an active DoD Security Clearance.
- Extensive experience with systems engineering processes that support planning, scheduling and managing several simultaneous efforts in a wide range of technologies, but with special emphasis on TSMOD, ELINT and FISINT.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience (18 Years total).
- A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Well-grounded in system engineering and architecture.
- Experience in collaborating with peer organizations to overcome barriers to success and create shared solutions.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.