- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Support the Government's Systems Engineering organization in the development, integration and analysis of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) and threads, focusing on capability-based analysis at the system of system, end to end, and family of systems levels.
Develop and maintain DoDAF, FEAF and IC EA compliant architecture artifacts, utilizing architecture modeling tools to ensure integrated architecture.
Collaborate with EA users and potential users to identify tools and technologies, data models, data analytics, and reporting/visualization approaches to assist Government leaders and technologists with architectural data-driven decision-making.
Work collaboratively within a team of architects, software engineers, system administrators, and users.
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, and Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resources Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- This position requires DoD clearance with polygraph.
- Understanding of data architecture approaches such as DODAF, UAF, JARM, Zachman, TOGAF, etc. Must have at least three years of demonstrated architecture experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF). These three years can be met as part of other duties and do not necessarily require the person to have served three years as an architect.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 10 years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
- Familiarity with Cameo or System Architect
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.