- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
This position will support Processing and Analytic Capabilities (PAC) to deliver systems engineering services to plan, execute, test, deploy, and sustain analytic capabilities. The contractor will provide technical services to maximize PAC's use of infrastructure resources in accordance with enterprise and organization strategy.
The contractor shall support the service desk operations through triage, coordination and execution of infrastructure request tickets and collaboration with Customers and Service Providers.
- Apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Interact with Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and the deliverables associated with once or more of the 24 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288.
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements, Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal.
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement.
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management.
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor system engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Assist with identifying and documenting operational minimum viable requirements/products (MVP), system requirements, functional requirements, and data characterization.
- Assist with developing system design documentation current and end-state-capabilities, data flows and integrated technology.
- Assist with developing, integrating, and maintaining T&D schedules
- Assist with developing and implementing Historic Data Migration Plan
- Provide technical guidance for conducting systems requirements reviews, performing technical/non-technical assessments and end-to-end flow analysis
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, reliable, and verifiable.
- Establish a process to formally and proactively document, control, and manager requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, ensure traceability to legacy requirements
- Assist in establishing and maintaining good relationships with mission lead counterparts to ensure needs are addressed and be willing to work to proactively identify and resolve emerging issues. Collaborate and partner to accomplish goals. Communication and collaboration are essential.
- Must possess active DoD security clearance.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete assigned tasks within an expected timeframe
- Recent experience working in an Agile development environment managed using JIRA
- Flexible work schedule
- SharePoint, JIRA, and other tracking tools
- MS Office Applications
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice