- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Support the customer cyber security team to identify and assess organizational, business and/or user needs, constraints, and requirements as they relate to the systems processes and procedures. Identify any new and/or existing processes and/or procedures needed for any current system. Assist the senior system engineers to develop a proposed schedule for all current systems by working with the PMs and TDs to develop transitional roadmaps into future solutions. Document the day in the life of a system, breaking down what each system does, documenting what the new system must be capable of and building an implementable plan for transition of services. Contractor may be expected to travel between sites as part of the duties required for this TTO.
The Process Engineer will Support System management planning; build technical plans; develop documentation for the configuration of systems and equipment to the network; assist in analyzing problems to determine technical solutions; make proposal on what procedures will be required to solve technical problems; assist in developing conceptual designs or models to address requirements; and assist in researching new capabilities and plan evaluations.
Provide configuration management support to a Cyber Security Operations Team: Assist with the analysis and documentation of new and current systems and processes and evaluate potential new systems/processes
- Develop the plans for process assessments, both informal and formal
- Work closely with the systems and software engineering process development team members to determine organizational readiness for assessment as well as in conducting assessments.
- Coordinate and schedule process assessments.
- Lead Assessment teams in conducting both formal and informal assessments
- Analyze assessment results to make improvement recommendations.
- Ensure assessment results and recommendations are used as the basis for improvement plans
- Assess Process Improvement Progress and report findings
- Evaluate Systems Engineering and Software Engineering processes to address problems with process workflows, organizational structure and alignment and planning.
- Assist in defining Process Improvement strategy and lesson learns
- Conducts training sessions and workshops for Process Improvement activities
- Lead Process Improvement effort utilizing CMM/CMMI or other similar process models
- Assist in Enterprise level Systems and Software Engineering Process Improvement Initiatives
- Employee must possess active TS//SCI with polygraph security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Fifteen (15) years of experience with Process Improvement on large programs and contracts is required. Experience is to include, within the last ten years, five years of experience in facilitation, training, methodology development and evaluation, process engineering across all phases of acquisition identifying best practices, change management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, or information system development methods and practices.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Education from an accredited college or university is required. A High School diploma and four years of additional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Should be familiar with SharePoint, Service Now, and Confluence.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team setting to complete assigned tasks within an expected time frame
- Adaptable to a dynamic work environment
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.