- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. You'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, our Customer is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Network Engineer to join our team in Central Maryland.
- Responsible for the critical review of, and providing recommendations on, networks or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience and technical knowledge.
- Responsible for the architectural design, deployment and documentation of new network requirements and changes to current network configurations.
- Oversee a major network architecture upgrade to include white-paper design, deployment, and configuration of devices.
- Provide fault analysis, isolation and correction, configuration, and upgrades of network devices to include Cisco Routers, Firewalls, and Switches.
- Provide support for customer networks involving cross-domain solutions, including VPNs, one-way data transfers, unclassified mission related infrastructures, and Taclane 175 encryption devices. Specific configurations include routing using MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, EIGRP at the Core and Distribution devices and switching at the Access devices.
- Experience in reverse engineering systems in an attempt to detail the required system specifications, external interfaces and environmental requirements.
- Build systems and networks that would support the system and integrate it into the customer infrastructure.
- Provides recommendations and critical reviews of network or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
- Provides daily oversight and guidance in managing operational matters and mentoring entry level engineers in all aspects of networking
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco catalyst switches (Spanning Tree, Port Security, VTP,Ether channels, VLANs)
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including HSRP, OSPF, BGP, route-map)
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting BIND, DHCP, and DNS servers
- Configure and troubleshoot HTTP / SSL / TLS based issues
- Troubleshoot ACL/NAT issue on ASAs
- Create router/switches templates for network standardization
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
- Use of Linux network troubleshooting tools to solve complex network issues (tcpdump, ssldump, curl, wget, mtr, tcp traceroute, nmap, openssl, tshark)
- Develop bash and/or python scripts, utilities and tools used for network troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot various DNS, SMTP, IP routing, latency, and connectivity issues
- Implement TCP/IP & related services-DHCP/DNS
- Install/Upgrade Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA) IOS using TFTP
- Implement SSH/RADIUS authentication on Cisco Hardware
- Troubleshoot network problems using Protocol Analyzers
- Maintain all LAN/WAN connectivity
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Oversee software and network security
- Tier 3, On-call/after-hours support
- Bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, light work up to 20 lbs., reaching, repetitive motions, sedentary work, walking, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, ability to use MS Office, ability to use a PC, analytical or critical thinking skills, interpersonal & people skills, leadership skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active TS//SCI/TK security clearance
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Shall have ten (10) years of experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- Ten (10) years of experience designing and implementing network solutions for complex, high-performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX based hardware platforms
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Significant experience with CISCO network equipment, i.e. 2800 series, 6509, 6513, 3825, 3750, 4900, ASR-1004 & 1006, etc.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at the Professional level in Network Security (CCSP), Network Design (CCDP), and/or Routing & Switching (CCNP)
- Able to understand routing protocols, QOS, be able to implement traffic shaping and policing on the network, and understand IPSEC tunneling
- At least three years of direct experience with and intelligence community or signals intelligent activity.
- CCNA Security or Security+ CE or higher certification
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.