- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Individual will primarily be responsible for user experience, user workflow, design and 508 compliance. Having previous experience in User Experience practices, the candidate will provide options and recommend changes based on current design standards and trends. Additionally, provide assistance toward the development of potentially multiple map-based web applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes. This will also include integration with data stores and Restful Services as well as potential for system design and architecture.
- Provide insight and help instantiate best practices, procedures for multiple applications and devise plans to accomplish goals including customer goals. Balance and prioritize multiple tasks, potentially gather insight from team members.
Candidate must be skilled and experienced in the following:
- Detail oriented Self-starter with the ability to work proficiently both individually and within a team.
- Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
- HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- Familiar with Less and Sass
- Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user‐centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
- Create user‐centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on‐device software applications
- Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well‐thought visual designs and workflows
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross‐functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes. Flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly and provide choices to stakeholders.
- Configuration management tools Git or similar
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active TS//SCI/TK security clearance
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis
- High School Diploma
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Master's degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience. System design/architecture/collaboration
- Ability to work in a cross-team environment
- Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
- Knowledgeable of 508 Compliance
- Development in Linux/Unix environment
- Intellij or VSCode experience
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.