- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- As a senior level developer, the candidate is expected to operate with a high level of independent shrewdness, be responsible for designing, maintaining, and implementing architectural and functional strategy, researching and providing suggestions for resolving complex technical issues, working closely with, taking direction from and advising technical leadership.
- Work closely with technical leadership and other staff members to derive requirements, estimate work, and ensure that tasks are implemented timely and with regard to schedule.
- As an experienced qualified individual with extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of technologies used in web applications and project architecture, you will provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Provide alternative options to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Provide insight and help instantiate best practices, procedures for multiple applications and devise plans to accomplish goals including customer goals. Balance and prioritize multiple tasks, potentially gather insight from and direct the tasking of team members.
- Development of map-based web applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes
- Integration with data stores
- Integration with Restful Services
- Development of services that directly support UI functionality
- System design/architecture
- Develop concise documentation
- Develop unit tests and assist with CI/CD processes
Candidate must be skilled and experienced in the following:
- Detail oriented Self-starter with the ability to work proficiently both individually and within a team.
- Strong communication skills
- Test driven development (TDD)
- Extension of open-source libraries for custom functionality
- Development in Linux/Unix environment
- HTML, CSS
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of system design/architecture and ability to create new or modified design approaches
- Developing, optimizing, and deploying web applications in an Apache/Tomcat environment
- Configuration management tools Git or similar
- Development of bash/sh scripts
- Conduct research to provide alternatives that can improve or solve issues with applications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active TS//SCI/TK security clearance
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Shall have a minimum of thirteen (13) years' experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Master's degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
- Intellij or VSCode experience
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.