- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
The customer is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to perform software development and engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active TS//SCI/TK Security clearance
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
- TS//SCI w/ Poly and US Citizenship required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least 15 years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required
- At least 6 years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- At least 2 years of this experience must have been obtained within the last 4 years
- Experience planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks, and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, JSTD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards
- At least 6 years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
- Backend development - Data processing and manipulation experience with streaming analytics
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web services (AWS) and Azure, with attention to building cloud-agnostic solutions
- Microservices architecture and implementation
- Willingness to work with systems engineers and customers to prototype and explore architectures to adapt to mission needs
- Visualization experience preferably with graph datasets showing network relationships with overlays of metadata.
- Experience with virtualization, containerization, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Modern user interface development preferably in a web enabled environment (ex. Vue.js, React, Angular)
- Backend development and integration experience consuming RESTful services, incorporating JSON data formats into NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Security.
- Experience with JUnit, Spock, Powermock, Mockito, or other unit testing frameworks.
- Removing highlighted bullet
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINT solutions
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.