- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Responsible for providing general SE support to a rapidly growing software development effort to include requirements elicitation, decomposition, documentation, and general SETA support on a team of 15 engineers and specialists. Applies SE principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support and Retirement. Interacts with Government staff regarding SE technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, and conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables. Candidate must be willing and able to work in a wide variety of SE disciplines whenever requested. Must have the ability to learn and adapt, and able to critically analyze various documents above and beyond typical SE Documentation. Will need to be proactive and communicate well with government leads to ensure their needs are being met.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Position requires some demonstrated experience in system modeling. Position will work with SysML using Cameo to document a developing IT system.
- System modeling experience.
- SE Documentation
- Requirements analysis and tracking
- Architecture and design experience, especially at a high level but able to identify internal workings of environments with emphasis on security.
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps development environments.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.