- Springfield, VA, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
The Customer is seeking to achieve operational excellence, improve uptime, and increase resiliency for our mission-critical cable system and the replacement of this system which is currently in development. This team will collaborate to develop and implement a next generation organizational messaging system. The team is actively developing the beta version of this product. This product will have huge impacts across the agency. The program welcomes new and innovative approaches to solving problems and ensuring timely delivery of the product. The team is developing in JAVA using Angular/Material and a micro-services oriented approach.
- Develop, maintain and deploy a group of highly complex web applications.
- Maintain infrastructure component baselines.
- Install & configure Linux servers & application servers in a cloud environment.
- Automate complex tasks using shell scripts.
- Respond to operational tickets.
- Monitor alerts and events.
- Use develop, configure, install and maintain application monitoring tools.
- Configure, install, and maintain audit solutions.
- Must possess DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
Education and Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated experience as a systems administrator on complex, high volume environments.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing network load balancing solutions across servers and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience configuring Linux and application servers.
- Demonstrated experience administering web servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBoss.
- Demonstrated experience as a Systems Administrator or Linux Systems Administrator.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and configuring Nagios.
- Demonstrated experience with creating complex shell scripts using tools such as Perl or Python.
- Demonstrated experience using automated build systems such as GIT.
- Demonstrated experience using release systems such as Jenkins or Hudson.
- Demonstrated experience customizing automated deployment systems such as Ansible.
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using Java or other object oriented language.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.