- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex operational software systems. These software systems and their sustainment may involve developing or updating analytics, algorithms, scripts, data processing procedures, documentation, security features, metrics collection, reporting functions, or any other aspect of maintaining operations of operational systems.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Investigates and resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and consistent with CMS' DevOps objectives.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the- shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Investigate and analyze system and user problems to identify potential solutions or fixes
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop, modify, and implement algorithms to address system performance or functional issues in operational systems.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Four (4) years of additional software development experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years of experience in software development/engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice