- Lexington Park, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Note: Senior level person may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- May also ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interfaces with system or program Contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
- Must possess active DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering. (Degree REQUIRED, an AA and additional years of experience cannot be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.)
- At least ten (10) years of software development experience, performing software requirements analysis, software design, software coding, software integration and software testing in a corporate or governmental Software Development Environment.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.