- 09-Nov-2021 to 10-Jul-2023 (EST)
- Chelsea, MA, USA
- 74322.56-113728.68 per year 1429.29 - 2187.09 Weekly
- Full Time
Benefits Eligible: Work Schedule: To be determined
UNION/GRADE: Unit 6/Grade 11
TO VIEW OUR BENEFITS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK! - https://www.mwra.com/02org/html/benefits.htm
Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems, workstations, and servers. Schedules and performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Evaluates, implements and manages software/hardware solutions to ensure workstation/server data integrity, storage and retrieval. Develops and communicates standard operating procedures. Incorporates long-term system, operations and administration requirements in information systems planning documents.
Works under the general supervision of the Section Manager. On specific IT projects may be supervised by a team lead or project manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- System Administration:
- Supports and performs system management functions for all assigned systems supporting MWRA data processing environments.
- Development of scripts to perform administrative tasks.
- Responsible for support of current storage and backup systems
- Develops and implements backup scripts and jobs for all MWRA systems
- Conducts backups for current operating environments. Maintains onsite backup records and logs. Restores files and file systems as needed.
- Provides application administration and technical support for MWRA's email and mobile device systems.
- Participates and prepares for Disaster Recovery planning and test activities.
- Incident and Problem Management
- Respond to events, and reported outages to correct and resolve issues
- Investigate root cause and determine systemic solutions for identified environment problems
- Incident and Problem Management
- System Documentation:
- Documents operating procedures to conform to MWRA standards
- Develops capacity management reports for capacity planning efforts
- Documents system configurations for networks, servers and storage environments
- System Performance Monitoring, Management and Design
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and solutions, and provides expertise to the MIS Management Team in evaluating and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Monitors networks, servers and storage for event management and coloration
- Shares in on-call rotation and emergency response tasks as needed.
- Participates in occasional off-site travel, extended hours and weekend work.
- Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A four (4) year college program in management science, engineering management, computer science or related fields; and
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience, in network and systems management, or;
- Any equivalent combination of education or experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Backup technology, and entire range of functionality and configuration. Experience with one or more of Backup products, such as Data Protector, Backupexec, Netbackup and or Networker, as well as SDLT and LTO tape libraries.
- Experience with Network Storage, SAN environment, HP Command View interface, virtualized environment and vSphere ESX/ESXi.
- Technical knowledge and experience with large networks, network switching and routing protocols, LANs, WANs, VoIP, TCP/IP Protocol, and Cisco Networking products.
- Experience with MS Windows OS, Active Directory including Group Policy, Kerberos, and LDAP,
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems, VI editor, and shell scripts. HP-UX Itanium experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Building Automation and Control systems and associated set point control, HVAC, Fire Alarm, and UPS systems as applied to the Environmental Alarm System.
- Excellent technical project management, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are required.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
And at least one of the following certifications within one year:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE)
- SQL Data Management and Analytics
- VMware Data Center Virtualization Certifications: VCAP - Data Center one of the current storage infrastructure certification (e.g. HP, NetApp or EMC).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Mini-computer consoles, tape and disk storage systems, various network and peripheral devices and office equipment as normally associated with the use of telephone, personal computers including word processing and other software, copy and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a computer center, network closets and occasionally works in various field settings. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration and electromagnetic radiation. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The Computer Center also uses automatically discharging chemicals to suppress fire. The noise level in the work environment is a moderately loud office setting.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.