The position will be teaching: PSY323.001, Health Psychology. Day(s) and Hours: Tuesday and Thursdays, 3-4:50
The class begins the week of January 27 and ends on May 19, 2022.
Course Description: Exploration of how psychological state, behavior, culture, and biology interact to affect health. Discussion of major theories in the field, models of behavior change, and application of research findings to promote health and prevent disease. Particular attention is given to the role of cultural, social, and individual factors in health. Prerequisites:
- Ph.D. in psychology preferred, Masters degree in psychology or counseling considered
- Ability to teach the course themes including the impact of psychological and behavioral factors affecting health as well as systemic cultural and environmental factors that affect health.
- Must incorporate student-centered active learning in a classroom setting.
- Prior teaching or presentation experience is desirable.
- Ability to teach the class from start to finish, holding class each scheduled class period. Ability to teach college-level students
- Ability to design and administer assessments to measure student learning.
- Ability to challenge students in critical and creative thinking.
- Ability to advance students' communication skills through course format
Qualified applicants should submit the following in one document form to be downloaded in this online application process:
- A cover letter detailing compatibility with the above requirements
- A current resume or cv, with previous experience and any previous teaching experience detailed
Prior to interviews, those selected will be required to submit additional information including:
- Original academic transcripts and/or certifications
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three references.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity