- 16-Sep-2021 to 30-Nov-2021 (MST)
- X-Ray Process Engineering
- Orem, UT, USA
- $18.00 to $25.00 Depending on Quals and Experience
- Part Time
Pro Rata Holidays Pay
At Moxtek, Engineering innovation is a lifestyle. We live and breathe it everyday as we focus on precision solutions that will empower cutting-edge technologies to shatter barriers and advance scientific breakthroughs. Come be a part of our team and our team as an Engineering Co-op! Please note: This is not a summer internship/co-op, but is intended to last 1 to 2 years in duration. Successful applicants will be expected to work onsite in our Orem facility for an average of 20 hours per week. Relocation is not offered for this position.
What you will do: This engineering co-op's main responsibility is testing and troubleshooting inline failures and customer returns. This individual may work within a project team (e.g. engineers, technicians, and/or project managers). This engineering co-op uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of engineering. This co-op is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership in order to meet the goals of the company
- Assists in the gathering of data relating to engineering design, manufacturing & product support requirements.
- Utilizes an entry level understanding of product design and build processes and applies standard methods and basic principles of Lean Product Development, Theory of Constraints and Design of Experimentation.
- Performs the gathering of raw data and assists in processing data and communicates in meaningful forms (e.g. Flow Charts, Pareto Charts, Control Charts) to capture current manufacturing yields as well as drive yield improvements.
- Improves processes and performs validation of the process. Provides the results of processes and tests to engineering team for evaluation.
- Evaluate current processes and designs. Identify potential improvements and be able to evaluate the return on investment and risk associated with identified improvements.
- Use problem solving and decision making tools to analyze a situation and recommend the best course of action.
- Communicates with engineers non-conformity and product assembly issues.
- Responsible for the testing and root cause determination of in-line failures and RMAs.
- Responsible for monitoring the adherence of production to policies and procedures
- Daily work assignments may also include assemble, rework and/or test electronic components following prescribed processes and assembly procedures using a variety of hand tools and equipment. Set up work as required, as well as movement of material. Work from drawings, schematics, and written instructions to affect mechanical assembly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of college, must be actively working toward a B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering
- This is a learning position, no previous experience outside of a classroom setting is required
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Adaptability - understands changes in work-group tasks, situations, and the department as well as the logic or basis for change; actively seeks information about changes affecting their individual job. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth.
- Engineering Processes - Entry level knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology).
- Motivation - self-starter able to function with minimal supervision. Actively coordinates with others to proactively identify and resolve potential conflicts in order to meet defined project timelines.
- Communication - strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team Player - understands the importance of the team as a whole and actively drives communication and coordination within the team.
- Good manual dexterity for handling precise small fragile components under a microscope using tweezers and probes