- 27-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Visitor Services - 399
- Boston, MA, USA
- 17 per hour
- Regular, Full Time
Visitor Services Support Associate
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Support Associates are indispensable team members who are fully cross-trained to be part of both the Museum's proactive sales team for tickets, memberships and other priorities. Support Associates are also part of the operations team providing welcoming guest service while conducting admission and/or operational duties in several key, high profile areas of the Museum including the Exhibit Halls entry, Mugar Omni Theater, 4D Theater, Butterfly Garden, coatroom, school group check in and logistics, Information Desk and special exhibits. Support Associates also apply their versatile skills and broad ranging knowledge of Visitor Services duties and procedures to assist the supervisory team in the smooth running of the department conducting cash outs, coordinating break schedules, assisting with training, and providing assistance to resolve more advanced customer service issues. Support Associates maintain a high degree of proficiency in systems, venue procedures, equipment, and business practices to support the Visitor Services team and provide a great experience to Museum of Science guests.
- 20,000 - 50,000 guests per week depending on the season.
- Up to 15,000 guests per day during school vacation week / holiday periods or special exhibitions.
- 1,000 - 3,000 school children per day during the school year.
- Coordinate break schedule and rotation assignments for up to 15 to 30 Visitor Service staff.
- An average of 45 and reaching up to 300 transactions per Sales Representative, per day.
- This position requires active support and engagement of the Museum's sales programs, including meeting department sales goals, and daily sales may include 1-20 or more memberships per day, and 1-10 or more automatic renewal sign ups per day.
- Eligible for $2 or more incentive for each Membership sale.
- Additional shifts may be required to accommodate peak periods such as school vacation weeks and holiday weekends.
- This position requires dressing in accordance with specified appearance standards/dress code.
This position is full-time, 37 hrs/week, Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30am-5:30pm, Thursday 8:45-5:15pm, Friday 2pm-9:30pm, Saturday 1pm-9:30pm
Manager, Visitor Services & Venue Operations
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 1.5 or more years of sales and/or customer service experience.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to match guest interest to Museum offerings and effectively up-sell additional offerings to meet sales goals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven experience juggling many tasks calmly and efficiently in a fast paced setting.
- Proven success working independently.
- Math skills sufficient to collect payment and make accurate change on transactions, compare costs of guest purchase options, keep accurate capacity counts, and conduct customer service on complex transactions, and accurately complete and troubleshoot on cash outs.
- Proven ability to maintain accuracy in cash handling.
Non-Exempt (Hourly), $17.00/hr
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, commuter spending account, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!