- 21-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Recruitment - 817
- Boston, MA, USA
- Regular, Full Time
Talent Acquisition & Outreach Specialist
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Talent Acquisition & Outreach Specialist facilitates staff recruitment activities including partnering with hiring managers, posting positions, screening applications, conducting interviews, facilitating the onboarding process, and maintaining the Museum's applicant tracking system in order to hire the best qualified candidates in a timely and efficient manner. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining strong external relationships with organizations that serve women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans in order to meet and advance our affirmative action goals and initiatives.
- Recruit for approximately 150 searches per year for on-going, temporary and seasonal staff
- Conduct ~15 phone screens per week
- Conduct ~150 interviews annually
- Develop and maintain relationships with 50-60 community organizations
- Attend at least 15 recruitment/community engagement events per year as a representative of the Museum
- Track expenses for ~$28,000 budget
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Senior Director, Culture & Belonging
- Post high course work, technical degree, associate's degree or business certificate.
- 2 or more years of recruitment experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with databases
- Proven communication skills - both verbal and written - over the phone, in person, and over email
- Demonstrated customer services skills and experience externally representing an organization
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Exempt (Salaried). $56,000-$61,000/year
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.