- 15-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Boston, MA, USA
- 23.7-25.7 per hour
- Regular, Full Time
Marketing Communications Specialist
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for executing the Museum's membership acquisition, renewal and retention campaigns and communication projects to ensure we continue to grow our engaged membership base and achieve our financial goals.
The Museum of Science has 30,000 - 50,000 members and the membership program contributes up to $6 million in revenue per year. One highlight of the membership program is our industry leading automatic renewal program. This role uses marketing project management skills combined with copy writing and a solid understanding of email, digital marketing and direct mail best practices to deliver membership acquisition and retention campaigns that maintain and enhance the Museum of Science's exceptional membership marketing program.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and belonging that will reinforce the Museum's mission to "inspire a lifelong love of science in everyone."
- 30,000 - 50,000+ members, representing up to $6 million in annual revenue.
- Develop copy for approximately 500,000 direct marketing acquisition pieces in approximately 8 annual campaigns (to lapsed members and ticket buyers) and approximately 1 million emails to members, lapsed members and ticket buyers including trigger and lifecycle campaigns executed using best practice marketing automation strategies.
- Work with external and internal partners to execute a monthly 5-touch mail/email renewal campaign.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, including every other Saturday, occasional evening work (2-3 times per year) and coverage over peak periods including school vacation weeks and holidays.
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- Three (3) or more years of marketing experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least 1 year of experience either executing email campaigns with an email service provider OR marketing project management
- At least 1 year of experience using a CRM database
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in Microsoft Office Suite.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $23.70 - $25.70 / hour
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.