- 09-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- IIT- Interactive Media - 970
- Boston, MA, USA
- 71000-76000 per year
- Grant-Funded, Full Time
Interactive Software Developer
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Working in collaboration with project teams, create exciting experiences for Museum visitors by developing high quality interactive media software in an iterative, user-centered process. Coordinate work with the Interactive Media team to follow a software development process, research new technologies, and provide technical guidance to project teams. Test, support, and maintain interactive media software to ensure its quality throughout the duration of use. Software development and the domain of work may include exhibits, web, mobile, gaming, game engines (Unity 3D), VR/AR/XR/MR, embedded systems (mainly Arduino or Raspberry Pi), computer graphics, computer vision, signal processing, or related subjects.
- 2-3 concurrent software development projects that include multiple phased, iterative deliverables each
- Ongoing support of software developed across multiple museum exhibitions on a weekly basis
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Director of Digital & Interactive Media
- Post high school course work, technical degree, associate's degree, business or vocational certificate.
- One or more years of software development experience creating interactive media or similar software
- Software development experience creating interactive media or similar software
- Demonstrated Proficiency with C, C++, C#, or similar programming language
- Demonstrated Ability to decompose and solve computational problems
- Demonstrated Ability to debug software
- Demonstrated Ability to verify that software meets requirements or design description
- Demonstrated Ability to present ideas and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers using verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and tasks
Exempt (Salaried). $71,000-76,000 / year
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.