- 13-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Annual Giving - 480
- Boston, MA, USA
- 65000-70000 per year
- Regular, Full Time
Donor Experience Officer
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Donor Experience Officer works as a fundraiser and communicator on the Annual Giving team, this position helps grow and strengthen a generous community at scale by leveraging digital communication tools to express gratitude, raise philanthropic dollars, conduct audience research, and invite non-financial engagement. The DXO also serves as the point person for the Museum's Innovators Society, Young Professional donors who give between $300-3,000 to the Museum annually, and coordinates all activities, events and fundraising efforts as it relates to this group. The DXO reports to the Director, Annual Giving and primarily focuses on retaining and upgrading loyal and mid-level donor groups and acquiring new donors from engaged non-donor groups.
- Leverage a portfolio base of up to 200 donors
- Oversee solicitation strategy of Innovator's Society (donations of $300 - $3,000)
- Plan 6 Innovator's Society events annually
- Coordinate four ILC (Innovators Leadership Council) meetings annually
- Responsible for conducting 50 visits, 100 qualifications, and 400 solicitations annually
- Responsible for raising $400,000 in revenue
- Ability to work 2-3 evening and weekend events per month
This position is regular, full-time Monday-Friday, 40 hours / week
Director, Annual Giving
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
- 3 or more years of fundraising, audience research, sales and/or communication experience.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external contacts
- Project management or event management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated prospecting and/or solicitation experience
Exempt (Salaried). $65,000 to $70,000 per year
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, commuter spending account, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum Membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.