- 25-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Adult Programs & Theater Experiences - 274
- Boston, MA, USA
- Regular, Full Time
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Production Associate will support the Adult Programs and Theater Experiences team, ensuring smooth cross-institutional collaboration and execution of 45-60 annual events and integrating this important work into new and existing Museum-wide initiatives and efforts. They will assist the Adult Programs and Theater Experiences team in coordinating and implementing high-quality, innovative public programming especially designed to attract new and retain existing adult audiences. The Production Associate will contribute to the development of new community partnerships to build inclusive programming that aligns with wider Museum initiatives. They will oversee collection and maintaining of program metrics through surveys that influence future programmatic strategies. They will serve as initial department point of contact for on-site attendees by managing front of house for events and troubleshooting registration and ticketing issues to create a positive experience for audience.
- Assist in coordinating a total of 45-60 unique programs per year that engage in-person, virtual, and hybrid audiences, including-
- 15-20 events per season across 3 season lineups (Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer)
- 45-60 surveys a year, 150-200 emails a year
- Support 2-3 high-profile events per year, with planning budgets over $20,000 each
- Programs reach 7,000-9,000 Museum visitors annually through in-person and digital programming.
- Oversee 1-2 front of house volunteers during events
- Work weekday evenings and adjust schedule as required by events
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week Monday - Friday with weekday evenings and adjusted schedule as required by events
Senior Producer, Adult Programs & Theater Experiences
- High school diploma or equivalent with additional coursework preferred.
- 1 or more years of event or live performance related experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to handle details of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with customer service and interacting with the public
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in a fast-paced environment
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $18.70 - $20.70
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, commuter spending account, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.