- 15-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Leadership & Planned Giving - 470
- Boston, MA, USA
- Regular, Full Time
Leadership and Planned Giving Coordinator
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Leadership and Planned Giving Coordinator is a key member of the Individual Giving team. This person will provide the administrative infrastructure for the Associate Vice President of Individual Giving, all frontline major gift fundraisers, and carry a portfolio of prospects. The Coordinator also supports the Annual Giving team on project-based, short-term tasks as needed. This position will perform a wide range of complex administrative activities for the team, facilitating the efficient operation of the unit, and project coordination of workflow that cuts across teams including but not limited to:
• Pulling prospect activity reports
• Preparing briefings
• Assisting with our planned giving society
• Meeting planning and coordination of strategic cultivation events and programs.
- Charged with qualifying 50-100 prospects for volunteer engagement and Board of Museum Advisors service
- Cultivates and solicits 50-100 prospects for bequest intentions
- Supports event planning and execution for 2 Planned Giving events, and select Leadership Giving cultivation engagements each year; some weekend and evening work required.
This position is regular, full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday - Friday.
Associate VP, Individual Giving
- High school diploma or equivalent with additional coursework preferred.
- 3 or more years of administrative/office/related experience.
- Customer service and/or sales skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage calendars and meeting schedules
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with staff and external contacts to resolve problems and share information
- Requires discretion working with confidential information
- Organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize workflow
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $22 - $24/ hr
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, commuter spending account, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.