- 07-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Museum Programs
- Boston, MA, USA
- Temporary, Full Time
Education Fellow (September 2022 - September 2023)
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Education fellow will deliver educational programming daily/weekly that exemplifies educational excellence and guest service so as to engage and excite our audience in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) content. They will contribute new ideas, creativity and perspectives to working with diverse audiences on site and in the community. Through this year-long educational fellowship, they will learn about and experience science and education and their implementation in a museum, to hone her/his skills informal education while exploring career directions.
- Present programs 3 - 4 days per week (either 9 - 12 presentations and/or other school related educational programs/activities) onsite or in the community.
- Program audience attendance ranges from 20 to 300/presentation/activities, depending on venue and time.
- About one day/weekly performing maintenance/stocking/construction or research/being trained.
- Learn 4 - 6 programs, presentations or interpretations per year.
This position is temporary, full-time, 40 hours a week, Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday, starting September 2022 through September 2023.
Farinon Director, Museum Programs
- High school diploma or equivalent with additional coursework preferred.
- Six months or more of science education or public teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a high activity environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate science content in programming for audiences of 20 - 300 people
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Experience in delivering educational programming on site or in the community such as a classroom or informal educational setting.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $18.25 / hour
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, commuter spending account, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.