About the Thomas Jefferson Foundation
Role: Cook (Full-time) Located in Charlottesville, VA
The Thomas Jefferson Foundation is seeking a Cook for our on-site cafe, Farm Table. A successful candidate will have the ability to provide outstanding customer service, multitask in the kitchen, work in a team environment, and have a general knowledge of food and safety. The candidate must be at least 18 years of age. This is a full-time, benefited role. Position open until filled.
Skills & Abilities
- Possess a courteous, friendly, and professional demeanor.
- Must possess good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure food is prepared and stored according to accepted standards.
- Work with hot and cold line in the kitchen
- Restock merchandise and display cases.
- Perform sales transactions, bus tables, empty trash, clean dishes and deliver food to tables when needed.
- Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Previous experience delivering great customer service.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
401(k) with match (after one year)
Discounts on Monticello Catalog products
Free tickets to Monticello and additional museums throughout Virginia
The Thomas Jefferson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.