- Columbus Health and Rehab
- Columbus, WI, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
Columbus Health and Rehab has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Social Services.
We are a 50 bed community (Skilled Nursing Facility) just northeast of Madison Wisconsin. Together, our Resident Core Values and Team Core Values define Mission Health's and Columbus Health and Rehab's commitment to the principals of Wellness and Enrichment. We believe our focus on the overall wellness of our residents and our commitment to enriching their lives makes us different from others in our industry.
As a CHR team member, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and caring clinical environment. We are proud of the difference we make in the lives of our residents during their rehabilitative journeys, and we invite like-minded individuals to explore this wonderful career opportunity.
The primary purpose of this position is to obtain required information, advocate for the residents and family members, and admit residents in an efficient manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as directed by the administrator.
Major responsibilities are:
- Assist in interviewing residents/guardians/sponsors and obtaining required admission information and signatures.
- Assist in the resident admission orientation program in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
- Admit and prepare identification records for residents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide residents with admission information packet and review with them as necessary.
- Obtain the resident/guardian's signature on all required permits, releases, authorizations, etc.
- Attach preadmission documentation to admission papers as appropriate.
- Collect, assemble and check admission papers. Forward to appropriate department.
- Forward completed medical records to the Health Information/Medical Records Department as appropriate.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies.
- Maintain various registries as directed including register for admissions and discharge of residents.
- Refer admission problems to proper authority.
- Keep abreast of current Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing admission/discharge requirements of health care facilities.
- Complete behavior assessments
- Partake in and schedule care conferences
- Act as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a flexible Part or full-time opportunity.