POSITION SUMMARY: This position is for Survey Party Chief and Instrument personnel with a Part 107 Drone SAUS License. Layout Field Technician for large scale, fast paced, high tech construction project.
- Responsibilities include layout and as-built locations of extensive underground utility network, structural QA/QC
- Building layout
- Precision control network using Leica Total stations and building levels.
- Party Chief/Instrument Personnel wage starts at $35/hourly based upon experience and skillset
- Benefits in addition to base wages.
- Project duration expected to be from 18-24 months.
- Work can vary from outdoors to indoors, thus the employee will be subject to various weather conditions
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Standing/Walking: Constantly; 66% to 100% a day
- Legs: Must be able to climb stairs - 5% of day
- Hands (repetitive grasping): Constantly; 66% to 100% a day
- Hands (pushing and pulling): Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Hands (fine manipulation): Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Vision: Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination
- Hearing: Sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and radio; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment
- Speech: Sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio
- Climbing (stairs and ladders): Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Lift/Carry: Up to at least 40lbs- Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Lift Overhead: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Reaching Overhead: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Bending/Twisting (neck and back): Frequently; 33% to 66% a day
- Knee Stand: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Squatting/ Kneeling: Occasionally; less than 33% a day
- Must be able to wear fall protection equipment and physically able to climb ladders and scaffolds
MENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments
- Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem-solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English, interpret construction related documentation and communicate with coworkers
- Must possess strong mathematical skills, calculate proper dimensions of components, read blueprints, manuals, and communicate with coworkers.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
- Must be reliable and Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be reliable: show up on time and ready to work for scheduled shift
Application review will consider without limitation the following criteria: Union membership qualifications, education and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Ming Surveyors. Applicants must be able to pass the Hoffman Drug and Alcohol test.
Ming Surveyors is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this description is subject to change at the discretion of the company, with or without notice.