- 02-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Full Time
Advanced Provider Opportunity Open - Fort Myers, Florida
Physician Assistants/APRN's (known as "Advanced Providers") work under the supervision of a licensed physician. They must hold a license in good standing with the State of Florida. The Advanced Provider's role includes diagnosing and deciding treatment for patients, analyzing and interpreting x-rays and lab results, writing prescriptions, taking patients' histories, providing surgical assistance, ordering various forms of therapy, and examining patients. The Advanced Provider may in some cases take the office overflow of patients or may build his/her own "practice". The Advanced Provider is expected to consult with the supervising Physician on any complicated diagnoses and make treatment decisions collectively. The Advanced Provider, depending on patient load, may have a medical assistant to assist with patient care and follow-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program degree required; two or more years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current active Florida License as Physician Assistant/ARNP required; CPR/BLS certifications preferred.