- Milford, NH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefit package, to include NHRS participation
Town of Milford
Water Utilities Department
Full-time Wastewater Department Operator
Looking for the next step in your career? Looking for an opportunity to connect with a great town and a great group of people? The Town of Milford is seeking a full-time (40 hr/wk) Wastewater Operator (certified) position for our Water Utilities Department (WUD). The successful candidate must be able to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled functions in the operation & maintenance of Wastewater Department Equipment.
DUTIES: Duties include developing, maintaining and upgrading operations programs and procedures. Monitoring the performance of all equipment, gauges, and charts in the treatment plant and pump station; records statistical data concerning plant operations, maintains accurate records of working logs. Starts up and shuts down components of wastewater treatment processes as required. Samples process streams and performs required lab analyses in accordance with current procedures. Assures plant operations are within required standards, reports abnormalities to the Operations Foreman through established procedures. Calibrates, modifies or repairs instrumentation and control equipment including recorders, flow meters and other water quality monitoring equipment. Operates dewatering and sludge mixing equipment, such as the centrifuge, and the operation of the bio-solids treatment process. Operates and maintains sewage pump stations; cleans wet wells and operates pumps and valves to control and maintain proper flow and treatment process. Detects and reports safety hazards and faulty equipment operation. See job description for more detail.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid NH Class B License
- Requires ability to be available to work nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call for a periodic seven (7)-day rotation. The position requires a weekend rotation (2-3 hrs/Sat-Sun). There are times the individual would be on-call and OT would be expected.
- Must be able to operate Supervisory Control and Data Automation (SCADA) System.
- Requires the ability to understand the basic physical, chemical, and biological principles of wastewater treatment.
- If Certified – Requires two plus years of experience in mechanical or trades work or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- If not Certified – Requires one year of experience in mechanical or trades work or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Candidate must receive certification within 6 mos to 1 year of hire – NH Grade I and Grade II Wastewater Treatment Certification.
- Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Job Description: Job descriptions are available on the Town's web page at milford.nh.gov.
- Benefits: Full Town benefits package and NHRS retirement
To Apply please forward COMPLETED employment application and resume to:
Downloadable Application: Town of Milford - Website
Apply on career page: https://milfordnh.applicantpro.com
By E-mail: Jim Pouliot, Director email@example.com
Apply in Person/by Mail: Milford Water Utilities, 564 Nashua Street, Milford, NH 03055
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interviews will be on-going
The Town of Milford is an EEOE