Must live within close proximity (5 miles) to Milford, NH
A call firefighter shall be responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformance with the rules, regulations, and policies contained in the manual of department operations. Duties shall consist of, but are not necessarily limited to, a number of general fire and rescue responsibilities necessary to the stability of safety in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds at any time to all alarms for which he/she is qualified and performs necessary fire suppression activities, technical rescue, hazard mitigation, etc.
- As directed, makes search of building interior for rescue purposes. Utilizes techniques of ventilation, applies knowledge of hydraulics and effective application of water or other materials for suppression of fire.
- Enters burning buildings with hose and other necessary equipment taking direction from officer in charge.
- Receives training and general instruction from officers in firefighting and rescue techniques and procedures.
- If qualified drives apparatus to emergency scenes, positions and sets up apparatus according to accepted practices or directions.
- Assists in general fire prevention duties to include pre-fire planning, inspection and public education activities.
- Performs general upkeep and maintenance of fire station, apparatus and equipment.
- Must live within close proximity (5 miles) to Milford to respond to calls.
- Shall hold and maintain a valid New Hampshire Driver's License.
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or GED
- Shall possess certification of New Hampshire Firefighter Level I within two years of date of joining the Department.
- All firefighters are strongly encouraged to become driver/operator qualified for all Department apparatus and hold and maintain a valid New Hampshire Commercial Driver's License with air brake and tanker endorsements within four years of joining the Department.
- Ability to listen and follow orders in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
A completed Town application and resume can be submitted on-line at https://milfordnh.applicantpro.com or by forwarding the documents to:
Milford Fire Department
39 School Street
Milford, NH 03055
A Town application and complete job description are available on the Town's web page at www.milford.nh.gov.
The Town of Milford is an EEOE