- 26-Apr-2021 to 01-Aug-2021 (CST)
- Academic Affairs
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
Midland University, a private, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is seeking a full-time Career Advisor for the Career Studio. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Career Studio and supports all Career Studio initiatives.
Interested and qualified candidates should include a cover letter with their resume. Review of applicant materials will begin immediately.
- Develop and execute career-related events to benefit students, alumni and employers.
- Coordinate and oversee execution of social media strategies, tactics, and content.
- Plan, schedule and conduct classroom presentations regarding career preparedness and career center initiatives.
- Serve as a MID201 Career Development course instructor.
- Develop expertise on Gallup Strengths to effectively help students to focus on their talent and to build and execute initiatives for a Strengths-based campus.
- Assist in managing and developing a team of front-line student career coaches.
- Proactively build and maintain positive relationships with employers and alumni; support and engage them, and coordinate opportunities for them to be involved with students.
- Promote Career Studio events and resources to students, staff, alumni, and employers.
- Coordinate internship resources and evaluations for students, faculty and employers.
- Be highly involved in Midland events and in surrounding communities and groups to promote Midland's educational offerings, our students and alumni.
- Bachelor's degree minimum.
- 2+ years of related job experience.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers.
- Professional demeanor and strong communicator.
- A true desire to coach students to help them understand their talent and potential, to empower them in their development into young professionals, and to connect them with employers to attain career goals.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through.
- Innovative, creative thinker who likes to take action
Midland University offers participation in a fully-insured medical/prescription plan with a Health Savings Account, life and long-term disability insurance, 403b retirement option and educational benefits for both the employee and his/her dependents. In addition, employees have the option of participating in dental, vision, voluntary life and supplemental insurance plans. Compensation is commensurate with education, experience and individual strengths.