- 07-Apr-2021 to 06-Jun-2021 (CST)
- Academic Affairs
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
Midland University (Fremont, NE) is seeking an exceptional faculty member with expertise in K-12 Teacher Education for a full-time 9 month position beginning August 2021. Teaching responsibilities include courses in elementary education, classroom management and diversity. Highly qualified applicants will demonstrate ability to think innovatively, build competence in technology, and use engaging pedagogy to help students deepen their learning and broaden their perspectives.
True to its roots, Midland believes in the power of the liberal arts as a way for students to discover how their individual gifts, abilities, and passions prepare them for a life of meaning and value, no matter what career path they pursue. True to its current vision, Midland is continually improving programs in response to the needs of the marketplace who will employ our graduates. This ensures that students are getting a relentlessly relevant education for current and future jobs.
- Evidence of effective teaching in a PK-6 and/or 7-12 setting is required; post-secondary teaching and development of curriculum experience is preferred.
- Commitment to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
- Creating dynamic and relevant learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom
- A willingness to collaborate with peers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages change and innovation; and an ability to interact effectively and work productively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups.
If you meet the qualifications and want to be part of a growth oriented, innovative, and student centered university in the Omaha, NE metro, complete the online application in its entirety and upload both a resume and cover letter. For full consideration, applicants must include a cover letter in which they address why they are a good fit for the job and university. The ideal candidate will start in August, 2021. Review of candidates will begin immediately.