- 19-Mar-2021 to 18-May-2021 (CST)
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal arts University in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Trainer Graduate Assistant. The athletic trainer position(s) will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University's Master of Education or Master of Science - Adult and Organizational programs. The candidate will be responsible for contributing to various aspects of the program, including time management between the Master's program and athletic training duties, primary and secondary coverage of varsity and junior varsity teams respectively, and contributing to the educational experience of athletic training students, along with other duties. The position may allow for an on-campus meal plan, campus housing, monthly stipend and tuition remission from the University.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide sports medicine coverage for one or more of Midland Universities 33 intercollegiate athletic teams
- Tend to the healthcare needs of over 800 student athletes including injury prevention and care, injury assessment and evaluation, referral to proper medical authorities, prescribing appropriate treatment and rehabilitation strategies and protocols
- Travel obligations with teams as well as teaching opportunities
Need to have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited athletic training education program
- BOC Certified
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified, American Red Cross Instructor Certification or eligible
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Athletic Training License or eligible
- Good organizational and time management skills, good interpersonal communication skills and basic computer skills and working understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Injury Tracking Software.
- A positive attitude
- An ability to resolve issues independently in a Sports Medicine Team environment.
- Tuition remission in the master's program.
- Free campus meal plan (15 meals per week)
- A monthly stipend
- Potential for free on-campus housing
- YMCA membership