- 15-Feb-2021 to 31-Jul-2021 (CST)
- Performing Arts
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
This candidate will have frequent contact with prospective students and their families, high school teachers and administrators, members of Omaha, Lincoln, and Fremont's Arts Community, Midland University students, as well as the University faculty and staff, specifically the Director of Instrumental Music.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with area high school teachers and leaders of student groups.
- Assist with keeping Admissions database accurate and up to date with prospective student information.
- Assist with, and on occasion lead, recruiting efforts for the Instrumental Music program, as well as the performing arts as a whole. This includes communicating with prospective students, updating recruitment tracking information, attending campus visits, logging awarding information, and assisting with various recruitment duties as requested by the Director of Instrumental Music or Asst. Director of Performing Arts with confidentiality, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Manage social media of Instrumental department and Performing Arts as a whole, as directed by the Director of Instrumental Music or Asst. Director of Performing Arts, by creating relevant posts, graphics, photos, videos, and other media.
- Assist with the planning and execution of on- and off-campus events that host prospective students.
- Work with the Performing Arts staff/faculty to provide current students support and encouragement.
- Intermittently conduct the concert band, marching band, and pep band rehearsals.
- Conduct the pep band at sporting events and activities.
- Strive to build/maintain an environment of integrity, trust, and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Need to have:
- A bachelor's degree and relevant experience in the performing arts.
- A positive attitude
- An outgoing personality with the ability to connect with others naturally
- An ability to resolve issues independently