- 15-Feb-2021 to 31-Jul-2021 (CST)
- Speech and Debate
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Full Time
This position will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University's M. Ed, M.S. of Learning and Talent Development, or M.B.A. programs.
This candidate will have frequent contact with prospective students and their families, high school teachers and administrators, members of collegiate speech & debate community, Midland University students, as well as the University faculty and staff, specifically the Director of Forensics.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with students within the Speech & Debate Program as they develop, and refine their competitive events.
- Coaching, judging, and oversight during team travel to area collegiate tournaments.
- Develop relationships with area high school teachers and leaders of student groups.
- Assist with keeping Admissions database accurate and up to date with prospective student information.
- Assist with, and on occasion lead, recruiting efforts for the Speech & Debate program, as well as the performing arts as a whole. This includes communicating with prospective students, updating recruitment tracking information, attending campus visits, logging awarding information, and assisting with various recruitment duties as requested by the Director of Forensics or Asst. Director of Performing Arts with confidentiality, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Assist with the management social media of the Speech & Debate Program and Performing Arts as a whole, as directed by the Director of Forensics or Asst. Director of Performing Arts, by creating relevant posts, graphics, photos, videos, and other media.
- Assist with the planning and execution of on- and off-campus events that host prospective students.
- Work with the Performing Arts staff/faculty to provide current students support and encouragement.
- Assisting with camps and clinics run by Midland Forensics.
- Strive to build/maintain an environment of integrity, trust, and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Need to have:
- A bachelor's degree and relevant experience in the Speech & Debate.
- A valid driver's license.
- Availability to work flexible schedule including some nights and weekends, as well as travel with the team to area tournaments.
- A positive attitude
- An outgoing personality with the ability to connect with others naturally
- An ability to resolve issues independently
- Off Campus Housing:
- Monthly Stipend Amount: $500
- Tuition Remission: 100% LTD & MEd, partial tuition remission for MBA
- 15-meal per week meal plan
- Single annual membership to the Fremont YMCA