- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP),401(k) with employer match, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
MGC Contractors, Inc is looking for Pipe Layers to join our Texas Division in the San Antonio/New Braunfels area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Install mechanical joint water line, and bolt together water line, install air release valves and inline valves.
- Grade for flow of sewer line pipe.
- Lay ductile water line and PVC sewer pipe. Set line and grade for water line/sewer, line prep grade for water lines/sewer lines. Install water line with gaskets and mechanical joints. Backfill waterline/sewer line insures sewer line has a positive flow.
- Plans pipe, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Aligns and positions pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Checks slopes for conformance to requirements and specifications.
- Calculating and adjusting grade using a level an a laser.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related material according to job specifications.
- Measures and marks pipes to required length for cutting and threading.
- Cuts, threads, hammers, and welds pipe to specifications using saws, pipe threaders, and benders.
- Connects pipe pieces and seals joints.
- Locates existing pipes needing repair or replacement through potholing and/or excavation.
- Taps and drills holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary line or devices.
- Secures pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers.
- Grouting and clearing manholes.
- Inspects, examines, and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure hydrostatic testing, observation, or other testing methods.
- Any and all other duties assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate verbally with others on site, in person and over the telephone. The ability to read printed materials, signs and directions. The stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Occasional overtime, weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years to three (3) years of related experience laying underground water lines, sanitary or storm sewers required.
- Three (3) plus years of related experience preferred.
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen is required.
MGC Contractors is an equal employment opportunity employer and, as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be met. Discriminatory or harassing conduct in the workplace, whether committed by management or non-management employees or outside person (vendors, customers, etc.) is prohibited.
This job description is not meant to encompass all tasks and or job responsibilities, but rather it is meant to provide the employee with a general summary of what the position entails. MGC Contractors has the right to amend or revise this job description at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made when it does not impose an undue hardship on the company to do so.