- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, 401k, and tuition, plus much more!
We believe that the best companies do far more than offer excellent products and services. The best companies focus on a larger purpose, and they create life-long opportunities for their team. Meyers is dedicated to being this kind of company. We design and manufacture sustainable packaging, product labels, retail displays, and more. And through this work, we create a better future for people, products, and the planet. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician who is willing to innovate, learn, and grow with us.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair, maintenance, and assists in the installation of all mechanical equipment in a timely fashion to facilitate production schedules and ensure minimal down time. The Maintenance Technician performs job duties in accordance with corporate work policies and procedures, federal, state, local and company safety regulations.
2nd Shift available: 2:00pm-10:00pm
Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Repair and maintain all presses and auxiliary equipment
- Assists with installation of all new equipment
- Assist in scheduling daily emergency repairs, help to determine priority for such repairs
- Aids in shift-to-shift communication through voicemail, E-mail and personal conversation
- Level of work activity is high: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally. Some repetitive reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, fingering Must be able to move freely on foot throughout plant
Some key must-haves are:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years Vo-Tech training required
- 3-5 years experience in printing facility
- Minimum 2 years experience in building maintenance, machinery repair, electrical wiring, machine shop repairs, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good mathematical and mechanical aptitudes
- Work environment: Subject to noise, hazards such as moving mechanical parts, pinch points, electrical currents, exposure to chemicals and high heat, atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, oils, cutting fluids and ultra-violet light
- Manual dexterity and excellent eye hand coordination are required.
- Personal computer knowledge including Word, Excel and e-mail is required.
Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.