- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, 401k, and tuition, plus much more!
Are you experienced in packaging? Specifically, die cutting operation? Are you a good communicator, who is looking for a team environment? Are you driven and willing to learn and grow with us? Then we want to talk to you!
You've just found the best-kept secret in the printing world. Meyers is a manufacturer with serious scale, an expert design studio, and a family company that cares deeply about our team, our partners, and the brands we serve as customers. We are looking for a driven Die Cutter Operator who is willing to innovate, create, learn, and grow with us. This position is on 2nd shift, 2:00pm-10:00pm.
The Die Cutter Operator responsibilities include operating all diecutting equipment accurately and efficiently, according to job ticket instructions, as well as, understanding the type of work and requirements dealt with within the diecutting department. This position will be viewed as a subject matter expert regarding the die cutting produced at Meyers.
Some of the duties include:
- Reads, reviews, and understands the job ticket, layout sheet, proofs, artwork, and customer specifications before beginning the scheduled job. Reports any questions or problems to the Area Supervisor.
- Inspects dies to determine suitability for the job.
- Inspecting sheet trims for straightness, correctness of folds, and checks sheet against proofs and artwork.
- Achieves "OK'd" matches and/or approval to proofs under the direction of the Area Supervisor.
- Pulls and labels run samples with sheet count listed.
Some key must-haves are:
- Two (2) plus year's experience as a Diecutter Operator on Bobst, Youngshin, or large format clam shell equipment (such as Thompson or Standard).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Technical or vocational degree in graphic arts is preferred.
In addition to competitive wages, Meyers offers a rich benefits package for our full time employees (30+ hours a week) including health insurance, company paid short and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan and match, generous paid time off, 10 holidays, and much more!
Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.