- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, 401k, and tuition, plus much more!
Are you ready for a career and not just another "job"? You've just found the best-kept secret in the printing world. Meyers is a 3rd generation family-owned company and we are growing! We are looking for driven individuals who are willing to learn and grow with us. Here are the details:
The Account Manager works to develop and maintain strong customer relationships. This includes supporting Sales with submitting RFQ's to estimating, submitting quotations to clients, and working with Design as needed for engineering and prototyping customer projects. The account manager will perform order entry tasks and work with internal customers to ensure orders are processed, shipped and invoiced accurately and on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for understanding, assessing, and documenting specific customer needs and requirements to appropriately process customer job orders and communicate both verbally and in writing with the customer. Effectively trains and stays up-to-date with Salesperson to understand specific customer needs and requirements in order to provide appropriate customer service.
2. Receives & enters incoming work from Customers or Sales according to ISO procedures - strives to meet customer delivery schedules.
3. Process incoming finished inventory releases to meet customer delivery schedules. Works with inventory control to enter new items in customer owned inventory.
4. Acts as inside customer contact for all work in process, communications for new specifications and quotations, changes in existing projects, proof approvals, and sample deliveries.
5. Work in cooperation with Sales, Planners, Production Scheduling and Operations to maintain on-time delivery schedules for customers. Attends daily scheduling meetings and organizes release meetings.
6. Responsible for managing the project from start to finish. Working with customers to ensure art and proofs are returned on time to meet their due date. Staying on top of scheduling to make sure job is on time and there are no problems.
7. Maintain files necessary to support Sales, customer and operations functions. Archives files according to corporate retention schedule.
8. Acts as back-up for the salesperson when needed (during vacations, illness, scheduling conflicts, and business travel) by delivering proofs or assisting the customer on press OKs, generating requests for quotations, getting estimates, pulling samples, pricing, writing up quotes and online auctions.
9. Handles changes in specifications by arranging for new or revised estimates and ensuring that any additional costs related to project scope changes are escalated in a timely manner - either to the Sales Rep or directly to the customer.
10. Updates Planners and/or Salesperson of any additional information and/or changes from the customer. Communicates changes to salesperson and ensures alteration costs are tracked and forwarded to Sales and/or customer for revised pricing.
11. Ensures invoice screens and tickets are set up properly.
12. Reviews proofs from Pre-Press prior to forwarding to Sales or customer for approval.
13. Forwards all proofs, final or those with revisions / alterations clearly marked to Planner.
14. Participates as required with process improvement projects.
15. Performs job duties in compliance with ISO procedures.
16. Performs other job duties as may be assigned by the Area Process Manager. Performs all assigned work efficiently and on schedule.
17. Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and company safety rules.
1. Ability to collaborate well with a variety of people, staff and customers. Possesses excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; possesses good organizational and mathematical skills, proficiency with data entry, PC & Mac software.
2. Position requires the ability to operate a manual keyboard with both alpha and numeric characters, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Adobe Acrobat, primac, internet browsers, printers & fax machines.
3. Level of work activity is Sedentary and involves lifting 25 lbs. Maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles. Position requires the ability to perform repetitive data entry motions with both hands, have excellent eye/hand coordination, and manual dexterity. Must be able to move freely on foot throughout the plant, as occasional walking and standing is necessary in carrying out job duties.
- Associate or 4 Year College Degree with Graphic Arts training or work experience desirable.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, follow verbal and written instructions, and perform basic mathematical calculations dealing with weights and dimensions.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Macintosh proficiency is required.
- Must pass pre-employment psychological profile, must test in the normal range for color on vision exam, and satisfactorily pass background check & pre-employment drug test.
All the above duties and responsibilities are considered to be the essential functions of the job position.