- 29-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (CST)
- Mt Pleasant, PA, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & STD Insurance offered to employee & family (Dental, Vision, Life & STD paid at 100% by PAC) (if declined, employee will receive $5,000 stipend per year) | Long Term Disability insurance premiums offered at a minimal charge; 401K = PAC will make matching contributions of 75% of salary deferrals on contributions of up to 7% of gross salary | Paid vacation (from 5 to 15 days annually depending on length of employment) | Sick leave = 6 days per year | Paid Holidays = 7 | Tuition assistance available
Paradigm Aerospace Corporation International (PAC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Metro Aviation is seeking an Avionics Technician at our Part 145 Repair Station located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality completions, customizing, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
The Helicopter A&P Mechanic is responsible for all phases and aspects of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The Helicopter A&P Mechanic will uphold the highest standards of safety while conducting their duties and represent the company.
- Complete understanding of maintenance procedures and requirements
- Evaluate and correct discrepancies when approved
- Perform inspections in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals/337's and ICA's
- Perform component overhauls and repairs
- Comply with pre & post-maintenance check flights as required
- Comply with flight line/ground runs/leak checks as required
- Comply with track & balance as of required systems
- Assist other departments as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively use equipment needed to perform job duties
- Knowledge of sheet metal and avionics techniques
- High technical aptitude
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds
- Ability to supply personal tools and toolbox
- Possess work ethics of honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining safe and compliant aircraft
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Team player
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three (3) years of Helicopter Maintenance Experience required
- Current FAA A&P License a plus
- Walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, kneeling, squatting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or more
- Indoor working environment
- Exposure to high-voltage electricity, various heights, confined spaces, and hydraulic fluids and oils
STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Various schedule availability
- Overtime dependent on workload
- Some travel may be required
NOTE: The above job description includes major responsibilities as set forth for the position. This description is not intended or expected to cover all details or tasks that may be involved with this position. Rather, it is provided as a general guideline to define the minimum requirements of the job.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Metro Aviation/PAC does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation/PAC is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected, and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation/PAC prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation/PAC and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.