- 10-Dec-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Blue Bell, PA, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for employee & family insurance premium paid 100% by Metro (if declined, employee will receive $5,000 stipend per year) | Short Term Disability insurance premium is paid 100% by Metro; benefit includes 2/3 of salary for up to 90 days | Long Term Disability insurance offered at a minimal charge; Pays 2/3 of salary for up to age 65 for full disability | 401k = Metro will make matching contributions of 75% of salary deferrals on contributions of up to 7% of gross salary | Paid vacation (from 5 to 15 days annually depending on length of employment) | Sick leave = 6 days per year | Paid Holidays = 7 | Paid workover available | Tuition assistance available
*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Metro Aviation is seeking an A&P Hangar Technician (EC 145) in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania for the Penn Star program.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a close liaison with the Hangar Lead Technician to provide current status of aircraft and forecast downtime.
- Ensuring Company aircraft are maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Metro Aviation's policy and procedure.
- Performing aircraft maintenance including inspection, modification, maintenance and repair of aircraft, airframe, rotors, propellers, engines and appliances in accordance with the procedures in the MAI Operations Manual, Approved Aircraft Inspection Program, Manufacturer's documentation, applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and other approved data sources.
- Responsible for a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, the General Maintenance Manual, the Operations Manual, Operations Specifications and other pertinent information.
- Providing after hours maintenance on-call support for the base/s as required.
- Ensuring discrepancies are accurately documented and addressed during maintenance and inspections.
- Preparing and submitting materials requests and inventory usage reports as directed. Ship and receive inventory shipped to the base and store, care for and audit base inventory.
- Maintaining Company owned local Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Ensures all necessary aircraft documents and MAI documents are completed and maintained in accordance with applicable FAA Regulations and company policies.
- Perform receiving inspections on all incoming parts and materials, immediately upon arrival.
- Ensuring parts with a shelf life limit are removed from inventory prior to expiration.
- Requesting Secondary Maintenance Checks following any maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspections, repairs, or alterations.
- Responsible for ensuring all company owned and personal owned calibrated tools are kept up to date on the company calibrated tool tracking log for their assigned base or location.
- Reviewing aircraft maintenance schedules for:
- Work flow
- Equipment location
- Facility location
- Tool requirements
- Supply requirements
- Job requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate; Inspection Authorization a plus
- At least three (3) years' experience working with turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing aircraft
- At least three (3) years' experience in specific model aircraft and Part 135 operations preferred
- Honesty, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining safe, compliant aircraft
- Strong initiative and a team player
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability
- Technology savvy and ability to learn and adapt to various software platforms
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Dependent upon location - indoor/outdoor aircraft hangar or shop with potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting
- Working on ladders and/or work stands of 12 feet or less in confined spaces
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sufficient hearing ability to safely perform the essential functions
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include high visibility clothing, ear and eye protection, etc., when required
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.