- Pullman, WA, USA
- 15.80-17.00 per hour
METER Group, Inc. USA is seeking a Seasonal Temporary Laboratory Intern. This individual will work closely with laboratory technicians and scientists to assist with daily testing and other laboratory operations.
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigation.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow set methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Assist with R&D projects relating to METER instrumentation.
- Other lab duties as assigned.
- High School student with previous professional lab experience.
- Working towards a high school diploma.
- Available to work during school breaks 20-40 hours per week.
- Must live within a commutable distance to Pullman, WA.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Prior lab experience (college classroom or otherwise).
- Knowledge of the scientific method.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
- Strong academic or professional references.
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all applicants to apply through our website at https://meter.applicantpro.com/jobs/. If your interests, qualifications, and experience match any of our openings please apply for that position so that you are considered immediately. You may also subscribe at our careers page so that we email you when we have openings in your area of interest.
About METER Group:
In the early 1980s, METER Group was founded by world-renowned soil physicist Dr. Gaylon Campbell. Gaylon knew researchers needed simple-to-use sensors and smarter data intelligence to improve their research. 40 years later, we're still leading the way in the advancement of IoT sensing and data technology and world-class lab instrumentation. We're always looking for ways to improve how researchers turn data into insights. Scientists, growers, and engineers worldwide depend on METER systems for deeper understanding of critical issues with global impact, such as water and food shortages, environmental disasters, and climate change. At METER Group, we're building the systems needed to mitigate these and other issues facing our planet. We need your help to find innovative and effective solutions to some of the world's most challenging problems. Learn more about what it's like to work at METER Group: https://www.metergroup.com/en/meter-group/topics/working-meter
METER Group headquarters is located in Eastern Washington with unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: no traffic, country space, great schools and universities, safe neighborhoods, and easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests.
METER Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.