- Boston, MA, USA
- 50000-55000 per year
- Full Time
Finance and Operations Coordinator
Founded in 1966, METCO is the largest school desegregation program in the country. It is the commonwealth's only program designed to address the long-standing racial segregation in our public schools. Following the passage of the Racial Imbalance Act in 1966, the METCO program provides the opportunity for children from racially segregated schools in Boston and children from isolated suburban schools to learn together in an integrated public school setting. Throughout its history, METCO has provided students with a strong academic foundation, as well as an environment rich in cultural, educational, ethnic and racial diversity. METCO creates environments where students, parents and teachers of different backgrounds can appreciate diversity, find common ground through shared experiences, build lifelong friendships between diverse students and strive toward the mutual goal of preparing young people to become global citizens. METCO supports 3,300 students annually in 33 participating suburban school districts and 190 public schools.
METCO Inc., the program's headquarters, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and administered by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. METCO, Inc., referred to as headquarters (HQ), is a hub for resources, support, and advocacy for students, families, schools, and communities. Working with METCO Directors, district administrators, teachers, community groups, and external partners, HQ provides year-round programming to fulfill METCO's mission and purpose via recruitment and enrollment, student support services, community engagement, communications, racial equity initiatives, fundraising and advocacy.
The Finance and Operations Coordinator supports the Director of Administration and Finance with the implementation of all financial and office operations, including but not limited to purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control, facilities, and scheduling.
● Reconcile finance accounts monthly, identify variances, and resolve discrepancies; ensure expenses are posted to correct general ledger account; process journal entries
● Review and process vendor invoices and work closely with the Director of A&F to ensure prompt payment; prepare requests for staff reimbursements
● Enter invoices into the system, verify receipts and help with all aspects of accounts payable
● Prepare purchase orders and invoices for districts, vendors, parent groups and program fees
● Track and process receipts and refunds for various revenue-generating programs
● Responsible for contract/vendor maintenance, including review of contract terms and oversight of renewal process, including new vendor research
● Verify and complete monthly debit card expense reports
● Review weekly payroll and track PTO
● Serve as the primary contact for initiating and completing facilities service requests including building maintenance and repairs, staff IT needs, cleaning, and security
● Coordinate HQ space use including calendar booking, set-up, food and supply orders, meeting support. Ensure rotating staff coverage for after-hours meetings
● Place all agency orders including office and kitchen supplies, agency swag for events, food/drink for internal meetings
● Provide general event support
● Oversee and support maintenance staff
● Provide office coverage as needed (receptionist lunch breaks)
● Bachelor's degree required
● Strong proficiency with Quickbooks
● 1+ years experience in accounting and/or finance, in a non-profit industry preferred
● Strong office management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
● Self-motivated yet has the ability to take direction
● Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work, delivering high quality work within established timelines
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to changing needs
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with internal and external partners
● Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-directed and proactive
● Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
● High level of proficiency in Google Drive and general technological skills
● Work schedule Mon-Fri 10am-6pm shift, with some later shifts or weekends upon request
● Salary range: $50,000 - $55,000 plus benefits, depending on experience.
To apply please submit your resume along with a cover letter summarizing why you are interested in working with METCO, and what experience do you have that is relevant to the position.