- Boston, MA, USA
- 50000-55000 per year
- Full Time
Founded in 1966, METCO is the largest school desegregation program in the country. It is the commonwealth's only program designed to address the long-standing racial segregation in our public schools. Following the passage of the Racial Imbalance Act in 1966, the METCO program provides the opportunity for children from racially segregated schools in Boston and children from isolated suburban schools to learn together in an integrated public school setting. Throughout its history, METCO has provided students with a strong academic foundation, as well as an environment rich in cultural, educational, ethnic and racial diversity. METCO creates environments where students, parents and teachers of different backgrounds can appreciate diversity, find common ground through shared experiences, build lifelong friendships between diverse students and strive toward the mutual goal of preparing young people to become global citizens. METCO supports 3,300 students annually in 33 participating suburban school districts and 190 public schools.
METCO Inc., the program's headquarters, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and administered by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. METCO, Inc., referred to as headquarters (HQ), is a hub for resources, support, and advocacy for students, families, schools, and communities. Working with METCO Directors, district administrators, teachers, community groups, and external partners, HQ provides year-round programming to fulfill METCO's mission and purpose via recruitment and enrollment, student support services, community engagement, communications, racial equity initiatives, fundraising and advocacy.
The Administration and Data Coordinator supports the Director of Administration and Finance to provide overall administration support to staff by maintaining systems and data needed to effectively fulfill job responsibilities. This includes the coordination of data tracking within Salesforce, the documentation of historical METCO, Inc. information including media hits and archives that track our program and its impact, the onboarding and exiting of staff including hiring, systems set up, tracking PTO, and general office administration.
- Lead staff, volunteer, and intern recruitment through job postings, job fairs, universities, community partners, etc.
- Conduct interview screenings, reference checks, CORI/SORI approval
- Coordinate onboarding processes including preparation of hiring packages, conducting general staff orientations
- Maintain physical and electronic HR files for all employees
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures with direction from the Director of Finance and Administration
- Oversee and support receptionist
- Provide office coverage as needed
- Other supportive duties as assigned
- Oversee data maintenance on Salesforce CRM including liaising with Directors to determine data needs, creation of reports, maintaining contact records, and coordination with Salesforce consultant for higher level CRM design and reporting needs
- Maintain and organize Google Shared Drive, historical agency archives, upkeep digital and physical library, follow and track program media hits using a variety of methods
- Support each department with maintaining up-to-date documentation of processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 1+ year experience with Salesforce
- Human resources experience is a plus
- Strong office management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated yet has the ability to take direction
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work, delivering high-quality work within established timelines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-directed and proactive
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to changing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of proficiency in Google Drive
- Work schedule Mon-Fri 9am-5pm shift, with some later shifts or weekends upon request
- Salary range: $50,000 - $55,000 plus benefits, depending on experience
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing why you are interested in working with METCO, and what experience you have that is relevant to the position.