- 19-Mar-2021 to 18-May-2021 (CST)
- Evanston, IL, USA
- Full Time
Company paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, generous 401k plan
Assistant Brand Manager
At Merrick, we don't just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Merrick PetCare is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. When you join Merrick PetCare, you are not only joining a leader in natural and organic pet food, you are joining a tight-knit community focused on creating the most nutritious and wholesome food for pets.
As an Assistant Brand Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the marketing strategy for a brand(s) within the Merrick portfolio.
- Business Tracking and Analysis: Clear competency in basic financial acumen and strong business analytics, including analyzing brand performance versus objectives and managing brand budget. Identify key issues facing the business and help build and execute innovative marketing and general management plans.
- Innovation and Renovation: Identify new, innovative ideas to drive brand growth. Develop and execute new product ideas and renovations to current products.
- Communications: Assist in developing the communications plan to deliver high-impact consumer communication that drives awareness, consideration and purchase. Deliver best-in-class creative executions including print, digital, packaging and promotion.
- Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams through full development and execution of new products or communication initiative processes.
- Brand Steward: Expert regarding the brand, products, category, competition, business performance, etc.
Location: Evanston, IL (Travel up to 10% or as business requires once we're able to travel).
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years professional experience in brand management or marketing OR MBA with 1+ years professional experience in brand management or marketing.
- Experience within the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze business and consumer trends, identify key issues facing your business, and work to build and execute innovative marketing strategies.
- Results driven, with excellent follow through.
- Strong ability to work across functions and lead a team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- A self-starter who takes initiative.
- Highly collaborative at all levels of the organization.
- Integrity to always do the right thing
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Merrick Pet Care. The skills you have gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our values--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Merrick Pet Care home.
Merrick is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and looks for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.