- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $24.00 - 30.00
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Edwards Electrical & Mechanical has been in business for over 50 years and recognized as a Top Work Place in Indianapolis on multiple occasions.
We are seeking experienced Electrical Journeymen to join our Construction team. The ideal candidate must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to complete the task.
- Analyzes blue prints, wiring diagrams and drawings of circuits to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electrical and electronic devices and systems.
- Receives and reviews blue prints, wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervision or management covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation and/or electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Capable of using test instruments, i.e. voltmeters, ohmmeters, VOM's, ammeters, circuit tracers and continuity buzzers.
- Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures. Comprehends and follows OSHA & NEC requirements.
- Services electrical and electronic equipment by trouble shooting, replacing or repairing faulty components, circuits and electronic devices.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wire through conduit.
- Installs control and distributions apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels.
- Installs, repairs and maintains communication cables and power distribution cables.
- Fabricates what may be needed to expedite the job using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary electrical or electronic adjustments, repairs and overhauls to customers equipment.
- Has working knowledge of circuitry, voltages (120, 208, 240, 277, 480) single phase, 3 phase, WYE & Delta power, and capable of wiring transformers, lighting contractors and motor starters.
- Able to create and/or layout simple circuits by calculating required loads by utilizing equipment ratings and charts found in NEC.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 7-10 years experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's or Journeyman's license.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must be able to pass drug test.