- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $24.00 - 30.00
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Edwards Electrical & Mechanical has been in business for over 50 years and recognized as a Top Work Place in Indianapolis on multiple occasions.
We are seeking experienced Pipefitter Journeymen to join our Construction team. The ideal candidate must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specification.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using pipe threading machine.
- Bends pipe, using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes and fittings including iron, steel, copper and plastic.
- Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
- Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connect pressure gauge to test system for leaks.
- May weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- May operate machinery to verify repair.
- May modify programs of automated machinery, such as robots and conveyors, to change motion and speed of machine, using teach pendant, control panel, or keyboard and display screen of robot controller and programmable controller.
- May be designated Steam Fitter when installing piping systems that must withstand high pressure.
- May be designated according to type of system as Pipe Fitter, Ammonia; Pipe Fitter, Fire-Sprinkler Systems; Pipe fitter, Gas Pipe; or type of piping used as Pipe Fitter, Plastic Pipe; Pipe Fitter, Soft Copper.
- May be designated: Airdox Fitter; Freight-Air-Brake Fitter; Instrument Fitter; Maintainer, Serer-and-Waterworks; Pipe Fitter, Maintenance; Pipe Fitter, Welding; Pneumatic-Tube Fitter; Sprinkler-and-Irrigation-System Installer; Tuyere Fitter.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 7-10 years experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must be able to pass drug test.