The Horticulture Team Lead performs routine manual labor involved in the maintenance of all horticulture and landscaping of Zoo grounds. This position is also responsible for cleanliness of all public pathways and building exteriors. May operate light motorized equipment and trucks.
· Responsible for daily upkeep and maintenance of Zoo landscaping, beds and vegetation.
· Prunes annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees using appropriate techniques.
· Trims and picks flowers/weeds and cleans flower beds
· Edges, mows, fertilizes lawns, monitors the watering needs of the grounds.
· Responsible for the cleaning and pressure washing of pathways and exterior of buildings & trash receptacles.
· Ensures that job site staging area is clean and organized.
· Always complies with company safety policy.
· Communicate with others immediately when responding to an incident or an emergency.
· Ensures a positive guest experience by communicating with guest in a professional
and courteous manner.
· Time Management
· Project Management
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time 40 hrs. per week position which regularly requires flexible hours and frequent weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Valid Driver's License.
· Proof of current Auto Insurance
Preferred Education and Experience: Previous work experience maintaining cleanliness of exterior building conditions, landscape or horticulture.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has some supervisory responsibilities.
Reporting Structure: Reports to Horticulture Supervisor
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when on Zoo grounds.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice..