- Eau Claire, WI, USA
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Short & Long Term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance for Full Time Employees, Flex Spending
Job Title: Assistant Convenience Store Manager
Department: Mega Holiday
Reports To: Convenience Store Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Primary functions are to: (1) efficiently process all customer purchases, accurately, promptly, and courteously for maximum customer satisfaction as directed by management; and (2) assist store manager in paperwork and supervising employees and store.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
· Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces the Mega culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all convenience store team members.
o Responsible for the initial and ongoing training of all department team members
o Maintains adequate staffing levels by submitting requisitions for open positions to human resources, interviewing candidates, and submitting documentation in follow up to interviews.
o Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for all departments that position oversees
o Writes and conducts performance reviews of department team members
o Documents violations of company policies/procedures and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination, involving Human Resources as appropriate.
o Builds relationships with team members and coaches them, regardless of their performance level
o Inspires and persuades others to voluntarily follow direction, pursue and achieve goals, and adopt new positions or opinions.
o Asks clarifying questions that elicit clearer or more detailed information
o Balances analysis, wisdom, experience, and perspective when making decisions
o Respects and maintains confidentiality of team members and the company
o Answers questions and provides guidance to all department team members
o Assists all department team members, supervisors, and team members with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
· Ensures all standards are being met in convenience store.
o Processes all customer purchases promptly and courteously through the use of a cash register and gas console; ringing the correct departments and amounts, maintaining an accurate change fund and checking for proper identification when applicable.
o Accurately records, stocks and maintains product inventory as directed by the manager.
o Accurately rings up all sales. Reports accurate fuel inventory readings daily.
o Accurately processes cash and credit purchases recognizing the different types of credit cards acceptable.
o Basic food preparation including making coffee for customers, etc.
o Receives, verifies, and processes merchandise and vendor shipments accurately and timely
o Adheres to promotional schedules, including signage to generate excitement from the employees and customers relating to our product and promotional offering
o Maintains clean interior and exterior convenience store appearance as per convenience store operating standards to attract and retain customers
o Controls cash merchandise shortages through proper use of company control procedures
o Enforces check and credit card acceptance policies
o Ensures all team members comply with all money drop procedures to ensure employee safety and to protect company funds
o Prepares daily reports and money deposits accurately and timely
o Monitors and maintains all food service areas per company policies and government regulations to protect customers from illness.
o Ensures strict compliance with all company policies and procedures applying to the sale of age-restricted products.
o Responsible for scheduling team members to coincide with budget and labor projections and to make daily adjustments as necessary
o Communicates and works cooperatively with District Managers, Store Support Center Staff, and other department managers and team members to maintain standards and exceed customer service expectations.
o Always makes the best use of time and resources; seeks ways to reduce costs
o Prevents team member loss by ensuring department knows Mega's safety rules. Trains team members in proper use of potential hazardous equipment.
o Identifies the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve a goal, and prioritizes key action steps. Anticipates the impacts and risks of decisions and actions.
· Provides exceptional customer service.
o Assists customers with items they are looking for
o Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
o Addresses customer concerns and resolves issues when a customer is not satisfied with the service or product received
· Forms and articulates a clear picture of the future the organization and department should strive for. Explains why the future is important and how current decisions make or break the chance to reach it.
· Develops team members to prepare for advancement opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all team members.
· Possesses excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Good oral and written communication.
· Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
· Must be able to use a computerized cash register and gas console equipment with accuracy, within the guidelines of the company's cash accounting and credit policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of proper bagging techniques and taxable versus non-taxable grocery items.
· Basic knowledge of automotive car care, tourist type information, and the ability to give clear
· Commitment to excellence in customer service and other Mega values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous cash register experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Lift, carry, pull or push up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis
· Full range of upper body motion
· Frequent stopping, bending, squatting, kneeling, walking, reaching turning, climbing stairs/ladders
· May be exposed to extreme temperatures.